- 150ml Water
- 20g Sugar
- 40g Butter
- 110g Plain flour
- 2 Eggs
- Cinnamon mixed with some Castor Sugar for dredging.
– Choc sauce:
- 50g Dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 25g Sugar
- 120ml Milk
- A few drops of Almond or Orange Essence or whatevs
- 5g Cornflour mixed with 10ml water.
- Place water, sugar, butter in saucepan, bring to boil, when the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted, turn the heat off immediately.
- Mix in the flour (all in one go) and beat until you have a smooth ball of paste that leaves the sides of the saucepan clean.
- Add one egg.
- Beat mixture until smooth then add the other egg. Beat until the paste is smooth and glossy.
- Heat frying oil to 180. Pipe mixture into oil in lengths of your choosing. Fry until dark golden.
- Remove from oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- While still warm dredge in castor sugar and cinnamon.
– Chocolate sauce:
- Place chocolate, sugar and milk into saucepan.
- Slowly heat until sugar has dissolved and chocolate melted.
- Add a few drops of almond essence or flavouring of choice.
- Bring to a soft boil then add the cornflour/water mixture stirring vigorously to prevent formation of lumps.
- Once thick and glossy remove from heat.
A no-faff chocolate sauce can be made by slowly heating and stirring chopped up Mars Bars and a little drop of milk.