• Job Vacancies •
Our 2022 team is now full. We do keep cv's on file just in case plans change.
Jump into an unforgettable summer job or step into an awesome career in the outdoor industry. Coasteering specialists, our team of professional Coasteering Guides introduce visitors to an unforgettable adventure on the Pembrokeshire Coastline. Exploring a stretch of the rocky shore where sea meets land, encouraging participants to try something new, challenge themselves and learn about our office!
Celtic Quest Coasteering Ltd
Abereiddy, North Pembrokeshire
- Full training provided
- Salary £400.00 - £600.00 per week (depending on experience & qualifications)
- Standard kit provided (wetsuit, helmet, buoyancy aid, etc)
- Staff trade discounts available on outdoor kit
May-Sept • July-Sept
Based on a five day week, will likely include weekends. Overtime available during busy summer peak season.
Starting out as an assistant Coasteering Guide, full training will be given.
- A typical day...
- Team meet up at the beach at 0915, unpack van, sort kit etc
- Meet & greet clients, kit up & safety briefing, at the beach at 0930hrs
- Head out to explore the Pembrokeshire coastline
- Typically lunch is between 1230hrs and 1400hrs
- 1400hrs meet & greet the afternoon clients
- 2nd session of the day typically finishes at 1700hrs
- Kit rinsing & maintenance, team debriefing & admin
- Typical finish & away by 1800hrs
- eat, sleep, rinse, repeat!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist/Guide Coasteering sessions
- Kit setup & preparation
- Assist with kit maintenance & repair when appropriate
- Take part in a variety of marketing stunts & campaigns (may involve dressing as a penguin!)
- Full training is provided. No experience necessary.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must hold a full driving license and own vehicle or have transport to the beach.
- Successful applicant will have to undergo a DBS check
- You will also need to have an approachable and friendly attitude, ability to work well within a team, and be willing to assist in any other duties if necessary.
- Water confidence and a thirst for adventure an advantage.
- First Aid training/qualification an advantage. A course will be organised if necessary.
- Previous water safety training an advantage.
About Celtic Quest Coasteering:
Celtic Quest Coasteering was established in 2009 with the dream of introducing Coasteering to the nervous masses. Allowing every day people, who are not necessarily extreme enthusiasts to access the coast, taking part in an adrenaline activity at their own level and speed. Every individual has their own perception of “extreme”. Our Guides take participants to the edge of their perception, be that a 2ft jump into a calm glassy sea or a 45ft jump into a boiling turmoil of waves.
Often described as extreme rock-pooling, Coasteering involves exploring a stretch of coastline in the zone where sea meets land. Scramble climb along the rocks, investigate the rocky shore, when passable dry routes run out, jump in and adventure swim across channels and bays. The Pembrokeshire coastline has awesome water features, including the “washing machine”, “jacuzzi” and “toilet bowl”. Not forgetting the low level belly flopping and higher cliff jumping.
Our customers range from just 8 years to an impressive 79 years old and vary in ability. We operate mainly in the tourism industry with a number of groups coming from other genre's including corporate, military and youth groups. As we tailor every adventure to suit, we are able to accommodate literally any genre, ranging from children with cerebral palsy to tri-athletes and bucket list saga-louts.
Staff are our biggest asset, they are what makes an adventure unique. It’s more than just leading people along a stretch of coastline, it’s the interaction with our brands personality that makes us stand out. Our passion and enthusiasm is infectious. Our Coasteering Guides must create instant rapport with clients. Gauging not only their physical abilities but also their adventure personality in order to select an appropriate route and how far to push their limits. Gaining a clients trust is imperative, they are after all, literally putting their lives in our hands. “If she told you to jump off a cliff, would you?”.