Job Vacancy – Seasonal Coasteering Guide 2018
Jump into an unforgettable summer job or step into an awesome career in the outdoor industry.
Coasteering specialists, our team of professional Coasteering Guides introduce visitors to an unforgettable adventure on the Pembrokeshire Coastline.
Exploring a stretch of the rocky shore where sea meets land, encouraging participants to try something new, challenge themselves and learn about our office!
Company: Celtic Quest Coasteering Ltd
Location: Abereiddy, North PembrokeshireBenefits:
- Full training provided
- Assistant and Lead Guide positions available
- Competitive Salary – exceeds national minimum wage
- Standard kit provided (wetsuit, helmet, buoyancy aid, etc)
- Staff trade discounts available on outdoor kit
- #LifesABeach Lifestyle!
Start: March/April 2018
Duration: Sept 2018
You will be required to work a 5 day week, including most weekends. Overtime available.
Starting out as an assistant Coasteering Guide, full training will be given.
A typical day…
Team meet up at HQ 0830, pack van, sorrt kit etc
Meet & greet clients, kit up & safety briefing, at the beach at 0900hrs
Head out to explore the Pembrokeshire coastline
Typically lunch is between 1200hrs and 1330hrs
1330hrs meet & greet the afternoon clients
2nd session of the day typically finishes at 1700hrs
Kit rinsing & maintenance, team debriefing & admin
Typical finish & away by 1800hrs
eat, sleep, rinse, repeat!
- Assist/co-lead/lead Coasteering sessions
- Kit setup & preparation
- Assist with kit maintenance & repair when appropriate
- Take part in a variety of marketing stunts & campaigns (may involve dressing as a penguin!)
- Full training is provided. No experience necessary.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must hold a full driving license and own vehicle or have transport to the beach.
- Successful applicant will have to undergo a DBS check
- You will also need to have an approachable and friendly attitude, ability to work well within a team, and be willing to assist in any other duties if necessary.
- Water confidence and a thirst for adventure an advantage.
- First Aid training/qualification an advantage. A course will be organised if necessary.
- Previous water safety training an advantage.
Celtic Quest Coasteering was established in 2009 with the dream of introducing Coasteering to the nervous masses. Allowing every day people, who are not necessarily extreme enthusiasts to access the coast, taking part in an adrenaline activity at their own level and speed. Every individual has their own perception of “extreme”. Our Guides take participants to the edge of their perception, be that a 2ft jump into a calm glassy sea or a 45ft jump into a boiling turmoil of waves.
Often described as extreme rock-pooling, Coasteering involves exploring a stretch of coastline in the zone where sea meets land. Scramble climb along the rocks, investigate the rocky shore, when passable dry routes run out, jump in and adventure swim across channels and bays. The Pembrokeshire coastline has awesome water features, including the “washing machine”, “jacuzzi” and “toilet bowl”. Not forgetting the low level belly flopping and higher cliff jumping.
Our customers range from just 8 years to an impressive 79 years old and vary in ability. We operate mainly in the tourism industry with a number of groups coming from other genre’s including corporate, military and youth groups. As we tailor every adventure to suit, we are able to accommodate literally any genre, ranging from children with cerebral palsy to tri-athletes and bucket list saga-louts.
Staff are our biggest asset, they are what makes an adventure unique. It’s more than just leading people along a stretch of coastline, it’s the interaction with our brands personality that makes us stand out. Our passion and enthusiasm is infectious. Our Coasteering Guides must create instant rapport with clients. Gauging not only their physical abilities but also their adventure personality in order to select an appropriate route and how far to push their limits. Gaining a clients trust is imperative, they are after all, literally putting their lives in our hands. “If she told you to jump off a cliff, would you?”.