“An Adventure is an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.”
Coasteering is definitely an adventure and comes with a certain level of risk. Risk in the outdoors can never be completely eliminated. However, choosing the right Coasteering provider will ensure you have an awesome adventure whilst remaining safe.
- Assess the risk of activities
- Introduce measures to control these risks
- Tell their employees about the measures.
- Take reasonable care of their own and others health and safety
- Co-operate with their employers over safety matters
- Carry out activities in accordance with training and instructions
- Inform the employer of any serious risks
Coasteering safety tips when choosing an activity provider….Below are a few top tips you should consider when choosing a provider to take you on your Coasteering Adventure:
National Coasteering Charter – NCCCoasteering is becoming an increasingly popular adventure activity throughout the uk, particularly in West Wales.
Coasteering guides and operators have a responsibility to look after the wildlife and environment of the coast. The Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group has worked with coasteering companies in Wales, the National Coasteering Charter, and conservation organisations to make a DVD on best practice for companies operating in Wales. It is hoped that much of the best practice advice that has been developed by the POC group can be applied to wherever you take groups out coasteering.
Cardiff Business Park
t. 0292 075 5715
2/4 Mount Ephraim
t. 01892 888 423