- Assess the risk of activities
- Introduce measures to control these risks
- Tell their employees about the measures.
- Take reasonable care of their own and others health and safety
- Co-operate with their employers over safety matters
- Carry out activities in accordance with training and instructions
- Inform the employer of any serious risks
Coasteering safety tips when choosing an activity provider…
National Coasteering Charter – NCC
Coasteering guides and operators have a responsibility to look after the wildlife and environment of the coast. The Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group has worked with coasteering companies in Wales, the National Coasteering Charter, and conservation organisations to make a DVD on best practice for companies operating in Wales. It is hoped that much of the best practice advice that has been developed by the POC group can be applied to wherever you take groups out coasteering.